This World Bank Annual Meetings 2016 Civil Society Policy Forum session addressed how the World Bank Group can ensure that its financial intermediary (FI) investments are consistent with its forest and climate commitments. New research by Inclusive Development International on the impacts of IFC FI investments on forests, land rights, and climate was presented. A range of speakers and experts from communities, CSOs and the World Bank Group examined case studies of FI sub-investments and discussed solutions to promote a climate-sensitive approach to the Bank’s financial intermediary lending in the context of the WBG’s Climate and Forest Action Plans.
- Jason Allford, Alternate Executive Director from Australia (Chair)
- David Pred, Inclusive Development International
- Ian Rivera, Philippines Movement for Climate Justice
- Priya Pillai, Greenpeace India
- Peer Stein, Head of Climate Finance, IFC