BIC is an equal opportunity employer, and encourages all qualified candidates to apply, regardless of race, gender, age, national origin, or sexual orientation.
Strategic Projects Intern
The Bank Information Center (BIC) partners with civil society in developing and transition countries to influence the World Bank and other international financial institutions (IFIs) to promote social justice and ecological sustainability.
We are looking for a smart, proactive individual who has excellent research and writing skills, and a good grasp of international development issues. S/he will primarily be responsible for supporting BIC’s program on disadvantaged and vulnerable groups, including women, children and persons with disabilities. S/he will be based in our headquarters in Washington, DC.
The internship is ideal for individuals seeking knowledge and experience on issues relating to multilateral institutions, development, child rights, women’s rights and citizen engagement. Our informal, dynamic structure enables interns to become immersed in BIC’s day-to-day operations and gain extensive practical experience and knowledge of the World Bank and other IFIs.
• Write web updates and newsletters related to BIC’s policy advocacy and capacity building work on
• Conduct research into World Bank policies, projects and strategies and prepare short briefing memos for BIC staff
• Assist in mapping BIC’s work on problem projects over the past decade
• Assist in disseminating information to partners, and responding to inquiries from partners, related to World Bank activities
• Attend meetings and events related to various issues in international development including those hosted by the World Bank
• Undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline such as (but not limited to) Political Science, Social Science, International Development, Regional Studies, Economics, and Environmental Studies is preferred
• Experience with, or ability to learn, basic website management skills
• Ability to work without supervision and as part of a team
• Outstanding writing skills
• Strong research skills
• Commitment to economic, environmental and social justice
• Familiarity with, or interest in learning about, the World Bank Group
SALARY AND DURATION
BIC will assist with gaining school credit and will pay a monthly stipend of $1000. Intern must be willing to work a minimum of 25 hours per week and make at least a six month commitment.
Send a cover letter explaining your interest in this position and resume/CV to email@example.com, by September 23, 2016. Write “Strategic Projects Intern” on the subject heading. No phone calls please. Due to capacity constraints, BIC will only reply to short-listed candidates.