The Bank Information Center (BIC) partners with civil society actors in developing and transition countries to influence the World Bank and other international financial institutions (IFIs) to promote social and economic justice and ecological sustainability. BIC is an independent, non-profit, non-governmental organization that advocates for the protection of rights, informed participation, transparency, and public accountability in the governance and operations of the World Bank and the International Finance Corporation.
We are seeking an Assistant who will support the Executive Director (ED) in his daily tasks. The position will be based in Washington DC, and is ideal for individuals seeking exposure in international affairs, especially on issues relating to development, international human rights, and the environment. BIC offers the opportunity to interact with environment and social justice activists throughout the world. The Assistant will also provide administrative and/or finance support to the organization. The Executive Assistant may also support our human resources and gender work. Essential duties and responsibilities will include:
Event Planning: (10%)
- Coordinate regular meetings with US Government and World Bank officials on behalf of ED and international partners
- Plan and execute high-level events/conferences in Washington DC
- Coordinate travel logistics for Executive Director and Board Members (travel reservations, visas, advances, insurance)
- Assist in ED correspondence with international NGOs, high-level World Bank management, U.S. government officials, donor foundations, and media;
- Draft and coordinate letter-writing campaigns
- Other writing responsibilities include preparing correspondence, memos, brief reports, and presentation materials;
- Assist the Finance/HR department with varying tasks, including bill payments, deposits, filing, etc and organize ED expense reports
- Assist Finance/HR department with tracking grants and reporting as needed
Other Tasks: (30%)
- Manage ED’s schedule, scheduling arranging meetings and conference calls;
- Maintain office supplies, answer light phone calls, and receive guests
- Highly organized with ability to prioritize, multi-task, and take initiative;
- Excellent written, oral communication, and interpersonal skills;
- Detail-oriented, and able to exercise discretion and troubleshoot problems;
- At least 1 year of relevant experience;
- Demonstrated interest in social justice or international development;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Experience in Accounting/Booking and Quickbooks software are a plus;
- Bachelors degree and U.S. work authorization required.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Entry-level salary is US$33,300 per year; commensurate with experience. BIC offers outstanding benefits including generous annual leave with pay, fully covered health insurance, and a friendly work atmosphere in an international team.
Send a cover letter explaining your interest in this position and a resume to email@example.com by October 16, 2013. Write “Executive Assistant” on the subject head. No phone calls please. Due to capacity constraints, BIC will only reply to short-listed candidates.
BIC is an equal opportunity employer, and encourages all qualified candidates to apply, regardless of race, gender, age, national origin, or sexual orientation. To learn more about BIC, visit our website at www.bicusa.org.